AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this is common knowledge, since I was on only sporadically in the past 2 weeks. I saw mention of this briefly on the TAW forum. Is this for real?

David

------------------

DES

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
 Here it is

It's the first D-ILA with DVI that I've heard of (correct me if I missed something).

Also, how did THEY pull off an 11 pound SXGA D-ILA? All of our "G" series units are 35+ pounds?!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The doc says it's a 3 D-ILAs machine, with a SHP lamp.

Anybody knows what SHP means? I know Xenon and UHP lamps, but SHP is new to me.

How does SHP lamps compare to the current Xenon lamps in terms of stability and color accuracy?

But it might be just a typo, meaning UHP. That would explain the size and tne noise level, but a 500:1 contrast would really be exceptional for a small UHP machine.

------------------

Robert

[This message has been edited by robena (edited 07-08-2001).]

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
It was in the brochure but I couldn't find one on display.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds like the unit Primax showed at CeBit.

SHP is basically a UHP.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I was wondering about that SHP bulb as well.

1800 lumens, 500:1 contrast in an SXGA projector is exceptional! Especially if it is 3-panel.

I can't wait to hear the pricing on this.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Also, did you see the sound rating...38 db!! That's as quiet as a Sony 10HT LCD projector.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The big question, MSRP and street price?

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
835 Posts
If their 500:1 figure bears out in real life, I doubt they are using a 1PBS like the DS1. I think JVC was quoting 150:1 or something like that? I hope no manufacturer would inflate their contrast measurements that much. They are probably getting some impressive weight savings by moving to SHP bulbs, the bulbs is probably smaller and the power supply is definitely much smaller. 11.5 lbs seems really light for any 3-chip projector... maybe they mean kilograms! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

DVI on a D-ILA == good!

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
634 Posts
I just went to the Christie web site and looked at a picture of their new unit. Except for color, it looks just like the Primax PLZ933 shown on page 1 of the May 2001 Microdisplay Report.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve5097:
I just went to the Christie web site and looked at a picture of their new unit. Except for color, it looks just like the Primax PLZ933 shown on page 1 of the May 2001 Microdisplay Report.

What is the URL for that Steve? Thanks!

Tom

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Check your email Tom

Larry Vale

------------------

G1000 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

Panasonic, Dish, HDTV recording setup.

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
I spoke with a Christie representative today and he said the unit uses the dila light engine and the rest of the projector is all theirs. They worked with a 3rd party on the design but wont say who it is.

Yes the unit retails for $12945.

That means this is the first custom dila built outside of JVC just as TI is doing.

This could be very exciting.

We are looking into selling this unit.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

[This message has been edited by Alan Gouger (edited 08-15-2001).]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.