·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer in New Zealand says that the Christie Digital Vivid Red

is available (2 - 4 days delivery). The price is $NZ32,000 which,

after subtracting GST, is about $US12,000. A bit more than the

Hitachi or Dukane. :(

I'm trying to persuade him to get one for evaluation.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I am realy interested in seeing a review of this baby. I have been trying to decide between a G15 and G20 but a positive review of the Vivid Red would make things even more interesting.

Anybody see one of these post ASAP :)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Chris,

I'm curious, what's got you stuck between the G15 and the G20? From what I've seen, the G15 is a much better choice. The G20 may be rated at higher light output, but every one I've tested that has any significianct time on the lamp has less output than a G15, so what does the G20 offer?

William

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
William,

I can get either for a relatively good price, but everything I have seen (including your post) has indicated the G15 is the better of the two for me. I am remodeling my HT room and increasing my screen size from 10' 16:9 to 15' 16:9 (wide not diagonal). But these new models from Christie and Hitachi etc look pretty interesting.

David600,

I need a good source for commercial JBL cinema speakers and since you are "da man" when it comes to using cinema products at home, do you have a good source (in the states)? Thanks.

(I just realized this is the wrong forum so you can send me a private message if you want...)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by David Mendicino
12,000 bucks?!? Boy, that Hitachi is looking better and better at $6500...
The US price will be cheaper for sure. There's an extra middleman

who wants his cut when the machine is sold in NZ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.