AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year at Christmas after the big feast, we all gather in the theater, snuggle up and watch my wife's favorite Christmas movies. Lethal Weapon and Die Hard. (She's an action buff, and they ARE Christmas movies, right?) Anyway...

Do you have any traditional Christmas movies in your home?

James

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
One thing we do is: the Saturday night prior to Christmas, our family gets a pizza and drives around looking at the Christmas decorations. We have one neighborhood nearby that is famous for their decorations, it is outstanding. Almost every house in about a 10 block area is decked out to the hilt.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
James, it's hilarious that your wife loves Lethal Weapon and Die Hard as Christmas movie traditions. I always kid my wife that we should watch those two great "Christmas" flicks!

The only tradition we have is that the one of the evenings over the Thanksgiving holiday, we watch Christmas Vacation at my parents' house - sort of our way of kicking off the fun ole-fashioned four-alarm holiday season!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pizza & xmas movies are long-time traditions w/our family, too. We do this every year on xmas eve. Favorites are "Home Alone", "Nat'l Lampoon's Xmas Vacation" and "Prancer" (very saccharine, but a real sleeper IMO - have to break out the ol' kleenex box EVERY year!)

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Miracle on 34th Street (the original)

·
Registered
21 Posts
National Lampoon's Christmas Vaction,Rudolph,Charlie Brown,Christmas Story.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well my cousin is on leave just about every Christmas...

We watch a lot of war/action/comedy movies.

So far we have watched Band Of Brothers, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Fight Club, and Snatch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.