AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
raymar99

who's bored? geezus man lay off. we're all bored. I feel more stupid every time I buy one of these idiotic pieces of HT equipment, and so should everyone else.

chroma bug. what a bunch of crap. what about the cost of replacing your TV when you get burn in from watching the "toy story" title two million times.

oliver

the 3rAd|k8ter

Quote:
Originally posted by raymar99
What a waste of time. You evidently are bored to stupidity. Get a life.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Don and I presented the chroma bug to Leonardo Chiariglion, the father of MPEG, a while back and he was suprised to see this. He suggested adding an annex to the MPEG spec to warn MPEG decoder makers.

It is strange to see people actually defend it. I guess if you have not seen how much better a picture looks without it, you don't appreciate what the image is supposed to look like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by raymar99
What a waste of time. You evidently are bored to stupidity. Get a life.
OUCH! Does this mean that I'm out of the running for "post of the week"?.....and I thought I ALREADY had my life back after I quit spending those long nights searching frame by frame for the chroma bug!:D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I voted for "Don't Care"..... I have read all the info and DO understand that it exists and is very real, I won't let that impede by DVD viewing experience.

The information provided by Stacey Spears and crew is invaluable and I DO appreciate it as it helps to make me a more informed consumer. However, I can't wait indefinitely for the "perfect" player because I would be waiting for a LONG time......

I'll just see which player I like the best and go with that...... :)

Peace.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't care. I've noticed it a couple of times on my DVDP, but it's so inconsequential that I'm not at all worried about it. As flaws go, I'd rank it right alongside a slightly noticeable layer change.

If I had a larger (than 53") display, I might be singing a different tune, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.