Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo guys!

In another thread Jeff confirmed that my pioneer 737 has the chroma bug.

I have not noticed anything, maybe because I do not know what too look for.

What is it? Does it show all the time, or only sometimes?Only on certin displayes or on all displayes?

My 737 has a sdi output, does the sdi out also have the bug.

It seems a little strange to mee that a respected firm as Vigatec

uses a dvdplayer with the chroma bug for their Dvdmax.

Thanks in advance.

Kempf.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi Kempf,If you look close at the screen Chroma delay usually shows up as either a blue or red fringing on one side of the image only.It is also possible to have a green Chroma delay but not as common in my experiance.As for SDI There should not be a Chroma delay problem I don't believe.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
385 Posts
kempf,

Place the Avia disc into the 737 and go to Special Tests then to the Y/C Delay pattern.

Go up to the screen and look at the red horizontal bars, and you will notice what appears to be fuzzy scan lines within the red bars.......The red bars should be completely solid in color...... This bug is present in all three colors and is easiest to see in the red and green.

The chroma bug is exacerbated by using SDI since there is so much more bandwidth.....you will see it even more.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys?

Thanks for the replyes.

Now when I walk all the way up to the screen, I will see the

problems. But is it noticeble from the distance , like 4 meters?

It will only bother me if I can see it from the distance.

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yes, you can see it if you know what you're looking for. I saw it at almost 10 feet on a large CRT display at Definitive Audio in Seattle, courtesy of Stacey Spears who showed it to me. Son of a gun, now I see it all the time ... :( Sometimes it's better not to know this stuff.

Toy Story really shows it off; it's not as visible in dark films.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.