AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I have the following setup.

Chromecast -> Onkyo HT-RC260 Receiver -> Sony KF-60WE610.

When the Chromecast starts, I briefly see the "Chromecast..." being displayed in 480p.

Once it goes to the "Chrome" screen, the screen goes blank. I am guessing because the video output switches to 1080p.

Is there a way to force the Chromecast to downgrade it's video 1080i or 720p?

or

Is it possible to have the Onkyo force the Chromecast to detect the HDMI input as 1080i or 720p?

I tried setting the monitor output to 1080i or 720p, but the Chromecast continued to go to 1080p, causing the display to go blank.

I was able to hook up the cc to a monitor in order to complete the setup and download the latest firmware.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
The Chromecast won't do 1080i. Neither do a lot of the new streaming devices. I actually bought my Chromecast before I got a new TV and tried it on my 13 year old Pioneer HDTV using an HDFury. It didn't even get the 480p handshake and instead displayed a 1080p image on 1080i which was a mess but at least I knew the Chromecast would work. The following weekend I took advantage of a sale and got a 55" LED set which of course works fine with Chromecast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.