AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm going to give it a try for a while and see if my eyes adjust.
I gave it a try but I'm moving the CCWGTV to the bedroom TV, which only does HDR10, for the time being. If it were just the dimmer picture, I could probably live with it, but the Dolby Vision micro-stutter and spotty 5.1 audio support are a little too much for me. Still, at an effective price of $6 (with the Netflix bundle), I don't regret my purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Many of you are having problems getting Dolby Atmos, but I can't even get Dolby Digital on my new Chromecast w/GTV... any ideas?

Detailed thread here:
Lo resolviste ? Yo desactive el CEC y puse sonido envolvente automático y lo logré resolver

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hi All:

I'm a Roku user (Ultra 4800R) and enjoy it quite a bit. however, reading about the JustWatch website and apps, i am curious to try it. The issue is: the apps are ONLY available on AppleTV, CCWGTV, and Amazon Fire.

as a person without any Apple devices in my home, the AppleTV is out (no ecosystem to benefit from). between CCWGTV and Amazon Fire, i am guessing that the Amazon Fire is a dated device, so the natural option is CCWGTV.

the question is it seems like an awfully big effort to go through to use ONE app! on the other hand, JustWatch sounds quite convenient: you type in what you want to watch, JustWatch would spit out the free options and the pay options, then you just merely click on the option you wish to watch it on's icon, and voila, you're taken right to that service and start watching.

may i ask what the thoughts are please of the good folks here about getting a CCWGTV solely for this JustWatch app? does it work well?

thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have a CCwGTV arriving tomorrow. Is there any way to stream TiVo content using this device? I would love to be able to stick to one device and one remote.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I have a CCwGTV arriving tomorrow. Is there any way to stream TiVo content using this device? I would love to be able to stick to one device and one remote.
I think even TiVo's own streaming stick can't do that. It is up to TiVo to create an app.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
CCwGTV arrived yesterday but I have problem with 5.1 sound. Netflix and HBO GO only stereo. Same problem as these guys Chromecast with Google TV having trouble with 5.1 - Chromecast Community over 6 months issue and not fixed. Its problem of all devices or can be just my unit? I tried al the solution like select audio surround format manually etc. Firmware is the newest. No Dolby Digital. When I play Netflix amd other apps directly from TV app, Dolby Digital is no problem. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
CCwGTV arrived yesterday but I have problem with 5.1 sound. Netflix and HBO GO only stereo. Same problem as these guys Chromecast with Google TV having trouble with 5.1 - Chromecast Community over 6 months issue and not fixed. Its problem of all devices or can be just my unit? I tried al the solution like select audio surround format manually etc. Firmware is the newest. No Dolby Digital. When I play Netflix amd other apps directly from TV app, Dolby Digital is no problem. Thank you guys.
It is all about the device you connect to it. That device must support DD+ or you will not get 5.1 from streaming services.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
If Vudu and HBOMax had shaken out a month ago, I wouldn't have felt the need to get a '19 Shield TV. I could live without MA with Vudu working properly.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
In the process of getting mine set up now. It's really handy that when you sign into most apps it checks to see if the password is already saved in Google Chrome and applies it.so far it only had to type out my email and password for Disney+.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
In the process of getting mine set up now. It's really handy that when you sign into most apps it checks to see if the password is already saved in Google Chrome and applies it.so far it only had to type out my email and password for Disney+.
Easiest way to login to D+ is to just open the app on your phone connected to the same network as the CC when it's on the Trial/Login splash screen.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I need to purchase a longer USB-C to USB-A cable. Is there anything I need to look for, or stay away from?
It is just a power delivery (no data). So any cable works. If you insist, I'd recommend a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB-C PD power brick so that when you need to experiment with USB-C hubs, you can have the option to deliver more power than the stock power brick. Most hubs require more power than the stock power adapter can supply.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I saw Amazon had same day delivery on USB-C to USB-A cables, so I ordered on earlier today.

I don't think I'll need a hub in the near future.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
That cable is listed as compatible for LG G5 only. Probably has some special wiring. Try to pair it with a phone charger.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts