Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello AVS Forum Members,

Just an FYI.

R&B Films will continue to support both the HD-DVD and BD Formats as we release new titles. Our next title will be out this summer.

Richard J. Casey

R&B Films, Ltd.

I like to think of R&B as more than a label; it's a gallery for fine art in the fields of audio and video programming. And the only reason to have a gallery, in my opinion, is to fill it with masterpieces.

Richard J. Casey, President

·
Premium Member
9,850 Posts
Hi Richard,

The thread title with "debate" caught my eye.

Why did you decide to release the HD DVD version as 1080i and with an inferior audio track?

I must say that I was planning to purchase Chronos as eye candy, but immediately cancelled when I learned of your release plans.

Releasing a 1080p version on the other format, with a superior soundtrack smacks of an endemic format preference and is potentially a big turn-off to HD DVD supporters, especially when there was no technical reason that would have forced you to do so.

It would probably help a lot if you explained what happened and whether this will continue to be your policy?

Thanks - I'm sorry to sound negative, but I'm sure many HD DVD owners here wanted to ask the same thing...

·
Registered
639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBFilms /forum/post/0

Hello AVS Forum Members,

Just an FYI.

R&B Films will continue to support both the HD-DVD and BD Formats as we release new titles. Our next title will be out this summer.

Richard J. Casey

R&B Films, Ltd.

I like to think of R&B as more than a label; it's a gallery for fine art in the fields of audio and video programming. And the only reason to have a gallery, in my opinion, is to fill it with masterpieces.

Richard J. Casey, President

What authoring tools, encoders used by your studio for creation HD-DVD and BD ? Thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBFilms /forum/post/0

... R&B Films will continue to support both the HD-DVD and BD Formats as we release new titles. Our next title will be out this summer.

I hope you can fix the flickering issue (varying brightness), which makes it almost unwatchable.

In terms of eye candy, Discovery HD is a better one, if you have access to that channel. But Chronos has its moments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.