1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hey, what do you know! There are companies with years of experience that make subs besides the two-man operation, take-3-month-to-build, charge-anything-I-want ID wonders here.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive /forum/post/14161096

I noticed that there is a brand called Chrysalis by Velodyne which seems to be offering small subs http://www.chrysalisacoustics.com/ch...s/default.aspx

Is this just a cheaper line or does it actually offer something different from the normal Velodyne line?

I think the difference is that they are manufactured in china otherwise they are the same as their counter velodyne models(i.e. Bassmatrix = DEQ) I wonder if they use the same parts...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It doesn't look like any of them use Velodyne's room correction systems.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc /forum/post/14163660

Interesting, but still waiting for them to come out with an improved DD series to even better compete with the newest class of ID subs.

It had better be an improved price/performance ratio too.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 /forum/post/14164064

Hey, what do you know! There are companies with years of experience that make subs besides the two-man operation, take-3-month-to-build, charge-anything-I-want ID wonders here.

No, certain ID companies have changed the game. Velo was forced to address not just their performance, but their price/performance ratio. Now, do the make great products - yes. Are they the only game in town - no.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora /forum/post/17422151

No, certain ID companies have changed the game. Velo was forced to address not just their performance, but their price/performance ratio. Now, do the make great products - yes. Are they the only game in town - no.

I smell velodyne going into the mainstream...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts