AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like this show a lot. I always thought it was very grainy. Maybe it's suppose to look that way or maybe it's my local NBC feed. I guess I'll find out on Blu-ray.

I notice it's not coming until Nov. 11th while the DVD is out on Sep. 16th. Did they just realize it should come out on Blu?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm glad to see this and Supernatural announced. Hopefully this means WB will start offering up all their TV series on both DVD and Blu-ray. Now if they'll just start supporting lossless audio.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME /forum/post/14348995

I'm glad to see this and Supernatural announced. Hopefully this means WB will start offering up all their TV series on both DVD and Blu-ray. Now if they'll just start supporting lossless audio.

Supernatural? Did I miss that announcement?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 /forum/post/14348628

Meh! I was hoping for Chuck NORRIS

Chuck Norris won't come to Blu-ray, as there isn't enough Bandwidth to deliver a Roundhouse Kick in High Definition to your face!

·
Registered
451 Posts
This is great. I'm really looking forward to seeing Chuck in full quality. With all of the action in the show, high bandwidth 1080p should really enhance the experience by getting rid of the broadcast macroblocking.

·
Registered
324 Posts
no chuck norris? shame!!!

is this chuck any good?

·
Registered
426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlacklow /forum/post/14350123

I thought "Chuck" was the best new series of last year, so I'm pleased as punch to see it's coming to BD.

Ditto. Chuck and The Sarah Connor Chronicles were the two best new series of the past season. Really looking forward to seeing Yvonne in Blu-Ray.
Hopefully the PQ of the episodes will be better than the sometimes-spotty HD broadcasts that aired this past year.

·
Registered
576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl /forum/post/14353302

Chuck is shot on 16mm so don't expect picture quality much better than what you see on NBC.

I didn't know that, but it does explain a bit, for even over the air I didn't think it was quite equal to a few other HD shows. I still want it however! Will the new season still be 16mm?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I was wondering, not about Chuck... but about NBC/Universal since they had been announcing DVDs but not Blu rays.

I am hoping this means we will soon see an announcement for Life on Blu ray as well since I enjoyed that show last season.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/14353426

I was wondering, not about Chuck... but about NBC/Universal since they had been announcing DVDs but not Blu rays.

The 2 seasons of "Heroes" were in the very first press release. Besides, "Chuck" only airs on NBC; the show and Blu-ray/DVD is actually made by Warner.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolisdead /forum/post/14352433

Chuck Norris won't come to Blu-ray, as there isn't enough Bandwidth to deliver a Roundhouse Kick in High Definition to your face!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlacklow /forum/post/14354050

The 2 seasons of "Heroes" were in the very first press release. Besides, "Chuck" only airs on NBC; the show and Blu-ray/DVD is actually made by Warner.

Yeah, I know... but the point was a lot of shows on NBC other than Heroes had only been getting DVD announcements. Chuck, Life, Journeyman, even the maligned Bionic Woman... all on NBC and until now none announced for Blu ray.

Terminator (Sarah Connor Chronicles) was on FOX, but got a Warner Blu ray announcement at the same time the DVD was announced. Strangely Chuck on NBC, also a Warner show, got a DVD announcement only and just now got a Blu ray announcement.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts