Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This piece of news just came out today on The Digital Bits:
Quote:
Buena Vista has announced that its City of God, which has been nominated for 4 Academy Awards, will street on DVD on June 8th (SRP $29.99). Video will be anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1), with audio in Brazilian Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1 (with English, French and Spanish subtitles).
I don't about anyone else, but this was one of my favorite movies last year. I can't wait to pick up the DVD.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
June 8th? Argh!!! I thought it was going to be released in a couple weeks. This has been my most anticipated release in years since I didn't get to see it in the theaters. Say it aint so!!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Don't think I can hold out for the R1 release anymore. It's been a year since I saw this movie in the theater and I really want the DVD. I will probably get it from another region.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
It's probably been delayed to make another theater run after the Academy Awards. Its been nominated for several Oscars - but oddly enough not "Best Foreign Film". Still it should be mentioned enough at the Oscars to justify another run. Oh the pain.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Its been nominated for several Oscars - but oddly enough not "Best Foreign Film".
I don't think it was eligible for best foreign film this year as it was originally released in 2002.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I understand Academy rules correctly, it was eligible for a "Foreign film" nomination last year but wasn't nominated. It was eligible for other catagories this year, because: a) it received a US theatrical release in 2003, and b) did not receive a "best foreign film" nomination last year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.