AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been annoyed by the Cary 11a treating LPCM from my Oppo BDP-93 as DSD, thus providing no bass management for SACDs. Oppo suggested using analog for SACDs. I found a better solution: I replaced my pair of KEF 104/2s with a pair of 107/2s that have sufficient LF extension to make subs unnecessary for music. I still find it annoying that Cary has not fixed this of the many bugs in their product.

db

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd  /t/1416361/cinema-11a-work-around#post_22144710

I've been annoyed by the Cary 11a treating LPCM from my Oppo BDP-93 as DSD, thus providing no bass management for SACDs. Oppo suggested using analog for SACDs. I found a better solution: I replaced my pair of KEF 104/2s with a pair of 107/2s that have sufficient LF extension to make subs unnecessary for music. I still find it annoying that Cary has not fixed this of the many bugs in their product.

db

Since my previous post, I replaced the BDP-93 with a 95 and now use a 105. All audio from the Oppo is analog to Cary inputs set to bypass, and this has eliminated the annoying bugs that turned out to be HDMI glitches. Audio quality is superb. A Sony XA-5400ES is connected to the Cary via 5.1 HDMI and stereo analog.

db

1 - 2 of 2 Posts