AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a side by side comparison of these 2 projectors? I am going to be buying one just not sure which one. I did demo both of them and both looked fantastic. I have read here in the forums that some people are having problems with Sony but i havnt heard much about the Cinema. I am aware its the same unit as the Sanyo HS60. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have had the 13HD for a little over a year and have been very pleased with it. I'm considering the 13HD for my second screening room since I'm familiar with it's operation and my wife is getting used to it as well. I don't see any compelling reason to try another model of projector.

Rick

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
From what I have read, I think the main difference is that the 13HD does not have a DVI input. Is this true Rick?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Uther,

The 13HD does not have a DVI input. Despite what the specs may indicate, the 13HD is MUCH brighter than the Sony which may make it a better choice for large screens or rooms with some ambient light. The Sony has higher contrast.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have also been very happy with my SE 13HD. I have had it for about 6 months now....it is my 3rd lcd projector. Feed it a great quality signal source and you'll be very happy !!:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i am leaning towards now. Trying to get the Sony in anywhere is becoming more and more difficult. And when i saw it in action it looked good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was between the 13HD and the Sony and went with the Sony because it was less money, has less screen door, doesn't run as hot, bulb is cheaper and has longer life, weighs less, Sony has DVI, and I thought the colors and the brightness were slightly better on the Sony.

That said, the 13HD is a fantastic pj and if you got one I'm sure you would be very happy with it. In my mind the pluses for the 13HD include, proven performer, has VGA input built in, still has same resolution has Sony, probably a lot easier to get your hands on one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think there was a review of the 13HD in Home Theater Magazine a few months back - they generally liked it but found some weakness with using it to watch TV. Something about the scaling maybe - I forget the details but you might want to look for that article.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.