AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was happy to see Cinemagic move to Sirius from XM, but last night as I drove around and tuned to that channel, all I heard was 15 mins of commercials, with some loop -- never did it do the actual channel. Did they kill it?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing and couldn't find anything about it on the Sirius website. They had touted Cinemagic returning to the line-up after New Year's Day after a few weeks of Christmas music and then only kept it on for about a week.

Over the past few days it's been nothing but a loop commercial promoting the grand return on January 15th of some piece of crap called "The Strobe", 24/7 disco drivel. No indication whether Cinemagic will be sent to another channel or not.

As a Sirius subscriber, I was happy to see Cinemagic moved to the Sirius lineup due to the XM "merger". But it looks like that was an extremely short-lived benefit.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, great. The only thing I looked forward to from the merger, and they took it away from me. Good times. My radios (most of them in new cars from last year) don't support the XM add in, the channel I wanted is gone...

Sirius, you suck.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I contacted them about it on their website a couple of days ago. Here is the e-mail response I just got:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email in regards to Cinemagic Ch. 81. We are here to

assist you!

XXX, we understand your concerns about this channel being in our

lineup. At this time we do not have any information regarding the

status of Cinemagic on SIRIUS. We invite you to continue to visit

Sirius.com for the latest programming information. We apologize for any

inconvenience this has caused you.

We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If

you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer

Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

As well as by email at:

www.sirius.com/customercare

And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at:

www.sirius.com

Sincerely,

Dave F

SIRIUS Customer Care

Did you know that SIRIUS has great money-saving billing options? You

can get 1-14 months free depending on the option you choose. Call us at

888-539-SIRIUS (7474) and we'll help you choose the plan that's right

for you!

SIRIUS Satellite Radio, The Best Radio on Radio

·
Registered
126 Posts
wow, so cinemagic was an actual channel on sirius for about 8 days between the christmas music and the strobe previews. ridiculous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to someone who posted over at Orbitcast it's supposedly coming back soon:

"Cinemagic is returning to the Sirius side in late January or February according to Cinemagic's program director. So don't worry. I have XM and got XM exclusively for Cinemagic, which in my opinion is the most unique channel out there. I'm counting my blessings that Cinemagic survived the merger. This change does not affect the XM side where Cinemagic is still on XM 76."

Look for the username "Starshifter" for the actual message:

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/mo...s-xm.html#more

And while the Cinemagic page does mention The Strobe taking over, the fact that the logo and channel description remain leads me to believe it just might be true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts