AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read the one page article in the Nov/Dec The Perfect Vision on the Cinemaquest Ideal-Lume light? I had read about this before and now think I am going to get one. But the article states $45, while the company website states $55. What gives?

Searchhas been disabled, so apologies up front if this has been covered before.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Sounds like a case of supply and demand determing price! :(

Or maybe a case of a company who thought they could make a little extra profit because they read their own review and decided it was worth more. :)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have one of these?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
For Steve13-

It appears the cold, cruel world we live in has produced another cynic.

The reason the price was different in the review was simply due to an error at the magazine. The rough draft of the review was written prior to a change in fluorescent fixture design. That necessitated an increase in price due to higher costs at the front end. The price increase occured in May but the article appeared in the Nov/Dec issue.

The article had other errors that were corrected prior to final approval but the rough draft was inadvertently sent to press instead of the edited version. They also neglected to include a contact phone and the web site address. Corrections were included in the following issue along with the manufacturer's comments.

Most companies are actually not blood suckers. The majority desire to provide a quality product or service, that fills a need or a want, at a competitive price. Magazine editors are usually human and can make as many mistakes as you or I would.

For Matt-

There is an abundance of unsolicited customer comments from those who have experienced the product on our web site.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown, President

CinemaQuest, Inc.

Insist on HDTV!:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.