AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'm not sure if I should start this thread but...

...does anyone have, or are there any manufactures, that make 2.35:1 curved screens with masking and/or curtains?

...I do not have a pj yet but I love the idea of having a curved screen with curtains that open and also have the screen show masking for all the ratios for films made during the classic era to the present...

...thanks, in advance

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
One thing to keep in mind.

As cool as curved screens are they are designed to hide the pincushion distortion from an anamorphic lens.

If you use lens memory to zoom, shift and focus like you can do on the JVC;s and some of the Sony a flat screen would be a better choice.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
I would think that a curved screen would make using curains or masking very difficult. You might want to decide which is more important to you, the curve or the masking.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z  /t/1522860/cinemascope-screens#post_24493567

I would think that a curved screen would make using curains or masking very difficult. You might want to decide which is more important to you, the curve or the masking.
The curved masking system work well.

Curtains yes you need some more clearance.

I've had both for roughly 8 years with no issues.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...I realize that my hopes are expensive and that I may, at some point, need to face reality...

trans_lux, is your masking system of your own making...how did you go about conceiving it and making it a reality...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts