AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this? I've read many posts about the Cinematrix on a DVD player but could not find one on a Direct TV receiver. Please report if you have.

Jack

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I actually *have* a Sony 7000 w/the Cinematrix board but never saw a sat receiver advertised or mentioned by them (even though it would theoretically work). Most HDTV STB's having 480p/1080i capability, not to mention some RGBHV (via VGA) capability. I "upconvert" my DVD's to 720p (or 1080i); what good is that capability on an STB when it already outputs 1080i???

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My DTC-100 outputs 540P NTSC image that is very soft. I'm also going through DScaler at 1280i x 960i and it's still soft although better than the native 540P. I'm hoping that because of the elimination of the D to A to D to A conversion the Cinematrix outputing 720P or better will give me results. I would hope something approaching the results I get with DVD on the HTPC.

Jack

·
Registered
12 Posts
saw in a post from STANTON where he mentions cinematrix, i have a moviestar plus from dreamvision with a pretty good scaler i beleive, was considering using a rp91 moddified by cinematrix, any info on the quality of thier scalers, with witch outboard units do you think they would most closly compare. dreamvision tells me that some scalers would not help me, but one like the faroudja would be benificial. thanks

robert baker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.