AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Could you quote it, Kipp ??


Seems to be subscription based.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
It is true that Cinemax has a lot of adult programming and it seems to me an HD version of that programming may very well be quite popular.


I wonder what cable or sat systems will carry it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
Glad to hear it. Last week I sent them an e-mail asking for a HD channel since they are getting more movie premiers lately then HBO (probably due to all the HBO original programming that's on the schedule lately).
 

·
Registered
Onkyo TX-NR5009, AppleTV 4K, Sony KDL-55W900A, M&K s-125 lcr, M&K SS-150 surround, SVS 16-46pci sub
Joined
·
785 Posts
Well anyone who has a BUD should have no problem getting it. As to other cable/sattelite providers carrying it it is all up in the air
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
You guys talk about skinemax, but all that crap will be upconverts. I can hear it now:


"that soft core porn look like a crappy upconvert"


It is cheaply made and I would almost guarantee they will not do a HD transfer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
It was in the first post.:rolleyes:
Oh I believe its true. I just don't have access to that site to read the whole story and I was looking for maybe a press release from HBO/Cinemax themselves. When TVinsite.com was free I noticed that sometimes they just paraphrased off official press releases so I was hunting down one of those. I tried to find a collection of press releases on the HBO/Showtime web site but didn't find anytthing. Nothing against you kipp.
 

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
Joined
·
45,616 Posts
Excerpts From Multichannel News 12/4/2002


Cinemax in HDTV


Home Box Office announced Wednesday that it will begin transmitting East Coast and West Coast high-definition-TV feeds of its 24-hour premium television service, Cinemax, in the second half of 2003.


Approximately 70 percent of Cinemax’s daily schedule of first-run films, classic movies and original documentaries will be in true 1080i HDTV. The remaining 30 percent of programming will be upconverted to the 1080i format.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by timmy1376
It is cheaply made and I would almost guarantee they will not do a HD transfer.
Do they even shoot these things on film?


I'd pay for CinemaxHD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Well, in my household at least, this is bad news for Showtime HD. I can't tell you how many times I've seen ads from Cinemax about a movie premiere and said to myself, "Damn why can't Showtime get that?" I rarely watch SHO-HD now so if/when MAX-HD comes to market, bye-bye SHO...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Peterson
It is true that Cinemax has a lot of adult programming and it seems to me an HD version of that programming may very well be quite popular.


I wonder what cable or sat systems will carry it?


Hotel Erotica and The Pleasure Zone in HD???? WHat a dream come true :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HiDefSooner
Oh I believe its true. I just don't have access to that site to read the whole story and I was looking for maybe a press release from HBO/Cinemax themselves. When TVinsite.com was free I noticed that sometimes they just paraphrased off official press releases so I was hunting down one of those. I tried to find a collection of press releases on the HBO/Showtime web site but didn't find anytthing. Nothing against you kipp.
O.k. I meant the rolleyes as to be looking up at the first post.:)
 
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top