Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ravisents Cineplayer 4 sucks.

Audio is garbled on my system. XP with Soundblaster. Garbled on others, as well (check out Ravisent forums). All their "solutions" provide no results. Ive previously used PowerDVD and WinDVD with no problem.

This software cost 50 dollars and I feel like Im in some kind of beta program.

Patch anyone? Like today?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The video filter of CinePlayer DVD 4.0 really rocks.

I am using Zoom Player 2.1 from http://www.inmatrix.com , DSCinemVideoDecoder.DLL from ATI DVD Player 5.0 , and iviaudio.ax from ftp://206.112.112.157/support/xp .

I installed Zoom Player and modified zplayer.filters by adding the following "FilterID":

DVDLoadFilter({4F8BDCBE-1CE2-4496-8CFC-5691AA254E47},RAVISENT Cinemaster DS Video Decoder)

DVDLoadFilter({5F99B381-AB44-11D2-9C22-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio Property Page)

DVDLoadFilter({7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio Decoder)

DVDLoadFilter({E7B1F8E9-9F29-45F7-A9F4-1545DF1ABB9A},Video Decoder Property Page)

DVDLoadFilter({EC3F3768-A235-40A2-B951-45FAAEBBEF55},Video Decoder Property Page)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. The video filter. Anyone else having audio problems with this "player".

Any solutions? Aint gettin any help from Ravisent.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nope. No solution yet. But you can play with different filters. Mix the video filter with WinDVD's audio filter and use Blight's Zoom Player, and you might be alright. This trick only works in 2000 and XP though. And look here for some more added insight on Cineplayer's audio problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. Seems like they should release a product that just...works.

Too much to ask?

·
Registered
629 Posts
niggenz,

Are you saying you can use the video decoder from Cineplayer IN WinDVD?

How do you do that?

I too have problems with Cineplayer - mostly just skips, and dropouts. I dont have these problems with WinDVD. If I could get the video quality from Cineplayer, with the "perfectness" of WinDVD, Id be really happy!

-Ryan Dinan

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Cineplayer 4.0's audio card support is quite poor apparently. My friend just bought the program and had unstable audio until he upgraded his audio drivers under Win2k when using his Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card with s/pdif.

I think that Ravisent's/Microsoft's Windows XP DVD addon pack will be held back from release UNTIL they address some of their bugs in Cineplayer 4.0. From what I hear, getting Microsoft certification is pretty tough.

·
Registered
551 Posts
For me, CinePlayer 4.0 rocks. I'm using RME Digi96/8 and using its SPDIF for DD/DTS on WinME. I'm using RADEON 64 SDR and Cel533a. It also works good in WinXP, but I have DCC problem on WinXP and latest RADEON driver.

BTW, I have to choose Digi96/8 as an output instead of RAVISENT Digi96/8. Otherwise, I got tons of noise and heavy (100%) CPU usage. So, I guess their internal sound driver is somehow bad.

·
Registered
629 Posts
How many people with Radeons are using "force software decoding" under the video tab? If I uncheck it, does that mean the Radeon does it? I see no other video options except for that check box.....I do notice a difference when unchecking it, mainly in the form of artifacts on stills (menus). They tended to have some form of twitter and drop outs of lines....looked ugly.

Checking the box I assume forces everything on the cpu, but it looks clean.

No matter how I have the decoding set, I still get pauses (with a fast-forward-like catch up in the video). The sound will drop out during these times, but returns after the video has caught up. This happens once every few minutes or so, whenever the HD accesses. I'm assuming that it's overworking the processor during these times, but I have nothing else running, and I have DMA enabled for the DVD rom and the HD. I wouldn't think that would cause such a problem....

My cpu is a 800MHz duron in a Soyo KT266 Dragon board with 256MB DDR memory and Radeon 32DDR - Im using all the latest drivers, and have sp2 installed for Win2k. Running at a res of 960x540p.

Any ideas?

-Ryan

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think if we uncheck "force software decoding", RADEON does iDCT calculation. For example, after disabling it, I can see CinePlayer says "DXVA IDCT" hardware acceleration.

For me, Cel533, there is noticeable performance degration. On the other hand, I also noticed artifacts on menus. I think it is a part of RADEON hardware iDCT because I also saw this artifacts on WinDVD 2.3, 2.8, 3.0 trial depend on the version of RADEON device drivers. Image in a scene of movie is great, so I just decide to forget those artifacts. ;)

Other problems, i have no answers. Sorry.

·
Registered
578 Posts
RyanDinan,

Doesn't quite work that way. At the heart of ATI/Cinemater players are video and audio filters. These filters work with DirectShow which is MS's protocol for decoding/playback of multimedia files. Basically what these filters do is allows Windows Media Player to play back any file as long as the codec is registered into DirectShow. Media Player itself is just a front end. An example of a DirectShow codec is the DIVX codec. If you don't have it installed into your system, you can't play back DIVX encoded AVI files.

In order to get Zoom Player to use Cineplayer/ATI's video codec along with WinDVD's audio filter, you have to make sure those two codecs are given the highest enumeration (default) in your system for playback of DVD files (mpeg2/ac3-spdif). Here is how you do it:

1. Go to www.doom9.net and look for a program called graphedit. This progam will allow you to see what video/audio codecs are installed into your system and where the locations of the filters are.

2. Install your two players if not installed already: A) Cinemaster/ATI B)WinDVD

3. Once installed, use DVD Genie to unregister WinDVD's codecs (this is the easiest way. You can also do this manually but it takes longer. Also, doing this does not affect WinDVD playback). This will now make Cinemaster/ATI's video and audio filters as the system default DVD playback codecs. Now, we want the Video codec to be the default codec, but not the audio codec. So here is how you unregister Cinemaster/ATI's audio codec.

4. Open graphedit. Go to the insert filters menu. It will give you a listing of, among other things, DirectShow filters. Expand that tree and look for Ravisent or ATI's AC3/Audio codec. Graphedit will give you a location as to where that filter is installed on your PC. Note it down and go to your RUN menu and type in the following: regsvr32.exe /u "x:\\file location\\file name w/extension". Hit ok. If you did it right, you will get a message saying it was succesful.

5. Now you have to get WinDVD's audio codec to be given the highest enumeration. Do a search on your HDD to find the file "iviaudio.ax". It might come up twice, but that is ok. You just have to register it once. Note the location and register it by typing the following command into the RUN menu: regsvr32.exe "x:\\file location\\iviaudio.ax"

6. Now all you have to do is use Blight's front end DVD player, Zoom Player, and you will end up with Cinemaster/ATI's video quality, WinDVD's audio filter (for spdif w/DTS!), and a more intuitive interface thanx to Blight's Zoom Player (righ click brings up a lot of options in the window)!

Unfortunately, I am at work. Otherwise, I could browse my computer for the location of the filters and just write down the commands that you have to enter into the RUN menu, but this should get you on the right track.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ATI/Cinemaster/Ravisent audio codec would be somewhat useless...

The audio will be downmixed to stereo.

Grab iviaudio.ax from WinDVD and it should work with DSCinemVideoDecoder.DLL

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Quote:
6. Now all you have to do is use Blight's front end DVD player, Zoom Player, and you will end up with Cinemaster/ATI's video quality, WinDVD's audio filter (for spdif w/DTS!), and a more intuitive interface thanx to Blight's Zoom Player (righ click brings up a lot of options in the window)!
Will this work using PowerDVD's audio filter? WinDVD's sound sucks, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
SofaCinema,

I'll get home today and check it out for you. I'll give you the location of the filter ASAP.

Bob Sorel,

I don't know. You can try it with PowerDVD instead of WinDVD. If it works, be sure to let us know.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
hey guys,

I posted a new thread on the forum at ravisentdirect.com, regarding these issues and a solution or refund.

In the meantime I have two questions.

Why doesn't this new TT player use the best Ravisent filter?

Why doesn't this new TT player use the best Ravisent filter?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Now, we want the Video codec to be the default codec, but not the audio codec. So here is how you unregister Cinemaster/ATI's audio codec
Frankie,

Thanks for that, can you please also include the commands for registering / unregistering ATI's audio and video filters. thanks

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You are welcome.

Please find DSCinemVideoDecoder.DLL and DSCinemAudioDecoder.dll in C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah or C:\\Program Files\\Ravisent\\Blah Blah Blah

Registering ATI DVD Player
C:\\WINNT\\system32\

egsvr32.exe C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemVideoDecoder.dll

egsvr32.exe C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemAudioDecoder.dll

Registering CinePlayer DVD

egsvr32.exe C:\\Program Files\\Ravisent\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemVideoDecoder.dll

egsvr32.exe C:\\Program Files\\Ravisent\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemAudioDecoder.dll

Unregistering ATI DVD Player

egsvr32.exe /u C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemVideoDecoder.dll

egsvr32.exe /u C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemAudioDecoder.dll

Unregistering CinePlayer DVD

egsvr32.exe /u C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemVideoDecoder.dll

egsvr32.exe /u C:\\Program Files\\ATI\\Blah Blah Blah\\DSCinemAudioDecoder.dll

Note: usually .dll files are hidden...

BTW, I just tried the audio filters of PowerDVD SE v3.0 PowerPacks for WinXP and Intervideo MP3 DVD XPack.

Both of them can be mixed with DSCinemVideoDecoder.DLL without any problems.

The claud.ax only supports 2-ch and the iviaudio.ax supports 2/4/6-ch.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.