AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cineplayer 4.0 decoder protection is driving me nuts, you only have to do a very minor system change like a BIOS setting and the thing breaks saying that this computer isn't authorized to run the software. Then you have to delete stuff out of the registry and reinstall from scratch to get it to work again. If that wasn't enough internet registration only lets you do this a few times before blocking you out. It took 2 days last time to get it reset and now its gone again. This just isn't good enough, I paid good money and I can't even use the damn software. Maybe I should search for a cracked version, I guess that I must be some kind of fool paying for software.

:mad:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hope you're not a fool for paying for software. A better rule than not paying is to pay for good software and (don't use, don't pay, return) bad software. Insist on your money back. Some vendors do get the message. (Many, hopefully).

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think Want1394 has the right idea... Find something else or ***** loudly to the publisher of this software. Changing a BIOS setting is no excuse for an application's over zealous license manager to malfunction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.