AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth the extra $20 to get the pro version? I was planning to use SPDIF out and let my receiver decode so do I even need pro for that? Is the sound any better than PowerDVD?

I've been trying to use WinDVD for video and PowerDVD for audio but WinDVD has been giving my problems so, would CinePlayer + PowerDVD + Zoom be a good combo?

Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the basic version and spdif pass thru to exteranl processor works fine. I see a 1.5 surround version on the sonic site so I'll assume that's the pro version your referring too. Which, from what I can tell provides DD decoding for multichannel analog out, like intervideo (windvd) with it's platinum verion and cyberlink (powerdvd) with audio packs.

With the latest version of powerdvd and cineplayer I find that there is no significant difference in the spdif pass thru performance. I've used both with zoom player without issues. I'm currently using windvd video + cineplayer audio + ffdshow and zoom pro version (makes connecting renderers simple). If windvd isn't working right for you via zoom I'm not sure what cineplayer is going to do for you. Both windvd and cineplayer as standalone apps work fine on my system (P4B266-C, 2.2GHz, 512MB PC2100, XP Home).

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WinDVD is locking up on video when I use my M-audio card for the audio renderer. I have two different versions (both OEM) that came with different components that I have. Instead of forking over cash for the newest version when the ones I have don't work right, I'd rather take a shot on someone else.

Thanks for the post. Looks like basic will suit my needs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not sure that Cineplayer 1.5 allows for multi-channel analog decoding. I checked the website and it looks like it only does 2-channel analog and 5.1 S/PDIF. Can anyone who owns CP 1.5 confirm?

Kevin.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The new "Cineplayer 1.5 Sorround" version has DD (5.1) decode and Dolby Headphone support built in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.