AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into a Harvey Electronics store in N.Y. today on issues related to the JVC D-VHS VCR. As I came in they had the 61" Fujitsu hooked up to some HD source playing a movie (not sure if it was satellite, vcr or hard drive). The bottom line was that the picture was stunning! It was too bright in the store to check black levels, but the overall PQ including sharpness & color were simply outstanding. I saw nothing in the way of artifacts and it simply gave the impression of a high end 61" direct view HDTV. This is the first time I've seen this unit with an HD source. Cineramax may indeed be on to something!

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
No one has ever questioned the PQ of any of the 61 inchers when viewing HD material. Go back and ask to see a DVD or DSS/CABLE and then come back here and rave. Chances are, you will think differently.

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've only seen one other 61" and that was a Runco also playing an HD source. My impression was the Fujitsu was significantly better. However, I haven't really seen one playing a DVD or SD satellite. I would be surprised, based upon what I saw, if the unit didn't look good with DVD. SD satellite is another question, almost nothing looks good with that.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I compared the Fujitsu 61 to a number of displays. It excelled at HD, but not at SDTV sources, in *comparison* to the other displays. Like he said, go back and take a look at it with an SD source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.