AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears from the elite website that the standard cinetension2 screens have 6" of black at the top of the screen. I saw some older posts mentioning around 16" on the cinetension (1) screen. I was wondering if the 6" of black is correct or if there is more. I know I can buy the E24 model and get 24", but I only need about 12" so just wondering.

Also in looking at install manual I am a little confused as to mounting the brackets. It appears you slide them onto the screen and then screw the brackets into the wall or ceiling. I can't figure out how you would get a screwdriver around the screen to do this. So do you mount the bracket first and then slide the screen onto the bracket? If so how do you do this if the screen is mounted up in the ceiling?

Sorry for the dopey questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a cine tension elite screen and I am not sure how much black drop it has but it has plenty. I had to shorten the drop because it was to low for my room. The mounting brackets are very simple and easy to use once you understand how they work. One piece fits on the rail that runs along the back of the screen case. If done corectly they should slide along the rail allowing placement where ever you choose. The second piece that attaches to the piece on the rail should be bolted into a wall stud or a ceiling joist. I attached mine into the wall studs and placed them where the wall met the ceiling and ended up with a level install on the first try. No muss no fuss! I than rested the screen on two ladders placed at oppisite ends of the screen. With the help of one other person I lifted screen onto mounting brackets with no problem. Apiece of cake. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts