1,347 Posts
The search tool is your friend look

Here
here
here
here

and
here

The consensus here on the list is save your money and get a JVC RS2. If you want a turnkey system buy one from a CEDIA installer.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I had a chance to measure and test run a Cineversum Black Wing Three yesterday.

Result: This machine is 100% identical to a JVC HD100/RS2. No alteration, no different colorimetry, exactly the same menus/remote etc.

The cabinet is a little larger. Some people may prefer the stylish design.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clehner /forum/post/14170464

I had a chance to measure and test run a Cineversum Black Wing Three yesterday.

Result: This machine is 100% identical to a JVC HD100/RS2. No alteration, no different colorimetry, exactly the same menus/remote etc.

The cabinet is a little larger. Some people may prefer the stylish design.

Thanks for the info. Do you gave any data that you can post? A comparrison would be most interesting given the claims by Cineversum.

We are discussing the supposed differences between these projectors in this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=793082&page=3

Your input would be most welcome.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D /forum/post/14170617

given the claims by Cineversum.

Well, posting any charts would be pretty pointless as they look just exactly (with the typical by sample variation) like any other HD100/Rs2. Especially the claim that the colorimetry of the BW3 is any different from the HD100 is totally void. Sorry.

All I can say is this: Maybe the US versions of the BW3 are altered by accessing some secret menu by which you can change the color gamut. I have a BW3 imported from France and it is identical (even in brightness, around 450 lumens @d65) to an HD100.

I find the whole thing pretty annoying.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clehner /forum/post/14170643

Well, posting any charts would be pretty pointless as they look just exactly (with the typical by sample variation) like any other HD100/Rs2. Especially the claim that the colorimetry of the BW3 is any different from the HD100 is totally void. Sorry.

Cheers . I don't doubt the veracity of your claims by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts