AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was announced today that liquidators will be selling the merchandise in all of its remaining 567 U.S. stores. 35,000 employees will likely lose their jobs. Check out the various web news sites for more details.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/15572589

It was announced today that liquidators will be selling the merchandise in all of its remaining 567 U.S. stores. 35,000 employees will likely lose their jobs. Check out the various web news sites for more details.

Will likely! How about for darn sure.

·
Registered
295 Posts
CC Canada is still trying to find a buyer.

I was never a big fan of them and where I live now..well we only have a Best Buy. I do hate to see less competition.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
CC Canda is still alive. not sure what's going to happen with them for sure.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Sad....but this writing was all over the wall.

I was in my local store about a year ago to pick up a new copy of AVIA that they (amazingly) showed they had online. Could not find anyone in the DVD section to help me...while 3-4 workers chatted amongst themselves in the cell phone area. Finally found it myself.

Went to check out. They had 4 check out lines that I was used to using. These were all closed. WTF?? Again...nobody around to help. Finally noticed that thier 1 check out person was stationed at the returns/online pickup/customer service area. Waited 10 mintues behind a person returning a broken boom box to check out. As I left the 3-4 other workers were still chatting it up in the cell phone area. Looks like they'll have all the time they want chatting it up now.

What stores are 70% off? Thougt it usually took weeks before the liquidation sales started...

·
Banned
1,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyfrogs /forum/post/15574165

CC Canada is still trying to find a buyer.

I was never a big fan of them and where I live now..well we only have a Best Buy. I do hate to see less competition.

Futureshop, Visions, Bestbuy are probably the top 3 electronics store in Canada. It's not all about competition, but even though FS is owned by BB, they still compete with eachother... lol

Visions is always cheap!!!!!! i love it

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
they will start as early as tomorrow, according to the circuit city notice when you go to their web site. usually liq sales start at rather small % deductions on high 'original' price and get bigger as time goes. expected duration is about til march

·
Registered
300 Posts
anyone have any info on CC credit card will my TV still be 0% for 36 months or are they gonna make up some APR and make me pay. It saids I can return the TV til end of Jan. Which I might do to be safe if theres no answer. Thanks

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCarpenter84 /forum/post/15576013

anyone have any info on CC credit card will my TV still be 0% for 36 months or are they gonna make up some APR and make me pay. It saids I can return the TV til end of Jan. Which I might do to be safe if theres no answer. Thanks

I am sure the credit card is through a bank (not CC) so better give the bank a call to be sure there are no surprises.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I went to a CC closing at 50% off, the TV's were priced up super high to make the 50% off look good. But infact the prices were still cheaper online.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCarpenter84 /forum/post/15576013

Circuit City finances through Chase bank. So your agreement is with them and has nothing to do with Circuit City. All your financing terms will continue.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yea I no its through Chase just was wondering since they will be gone if there was some terms that might screw over that deal. Its not a big problem Ill have it paid off by July anyways. But I might take a few extra months if the offer is on the table.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforce18 /forum/post/15576294

I went to a CC closing at 50% off, the TV's were priced up super high to make the 50% off look good. But infact the prices were still cheaper online.

I hate it when stores do that. It's so cheesy and deceptive.

Of course, CC has one foot in the grave, so they don't give a s***.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When comp usa closed down, I was hoping to get some good prices from the clearance sales there.

As another poster mentioned, prices get marked way up and then "discounted" to prices no lower than what they originally were

These "liquidations" are done by an outside company that are like vultures circling over a dead animal. So I would not count on any deals that can't be beat online by amazon,etc.

And for any kind of major purchase, all sales final, no returns or refunds..... forget about it.

Good luck to all the employees out of work, it is a sad day indeed.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram /forum/post/15575228

Sad....but this writing was all over the wall.

I was in my local store about a year ago to pick up a new copy of AVIA that they (amazingly) showed they had online. Could not find anyone in the DVD section to help me...while 3-4 workers chatted amongst themselves in the cell phone area. Finally found it myself.

Went to check out. They had 4 check out lines that I was used to using. These were all closed. WTF?? Again...nobody around to help. Finally noticed that thier 1 check out person was stationed at the returns/online pickup/customer service area. Waited 10 mintues behind a person returning a broken boom box to check out. As I left the 3-4 other workers were still chatting it up in the cell phone area. Looks like they'll have all the time they want chatting it up now.

What stores are 70% off? Thougt it usually took weeks before the liquidation sales started...

Had the same exact experience the last time I went, plus the store was dark because half the lighting was off. Sad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well ill be going to the closest CC in the morning (the same i bought my 4671f 11 months ago) hopefully they honor the return of my protection plan that i payed 369.00 for. there isnt supposed to be a set return period on protection plans as i returned one from best buy that i was 8 months into a 2 year plan for an xbox 360 elite, once microsoft announced a 3 year warranty on RRoD i returned for a prorated return for the remaining 16 months.

i still have the reciept, im gonna keep it in my pocket and see if they give an excuse that they cant find it or something, then wip it out like "***** please"

thankfully i dont have 95% of the issues reported in the XX71 topic and have really enjoyed the 4671 the past year, touches wood.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemShock2 /forum/post/15576803

I hate it when stores do that. It's so cheesy and deceptive.

Of course, CC has one foot in the grave, so they don't give a s***.

As dav65mus said, it is not Circuit City (or CompUSA, Linens-N-Things, etc.) that marks up prices. That is done by the liquidation company. Most items will probably be marked up to MSRP (or higher), and then they'll be discounted by maybe 20-30% initially. The discounts will eventually increase for items that remain in stock. I actually found a good deal when LNT went out of business. But generally, the prices at these sales are not good.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestiege /forum/post/15576975

well ill be going to the closest CC in the morning (the same i bought my 4671f 11 months ago) hopefully they honor the return of my protection plan that i payed 369.00 for....

Those are handled by a third party, so CC going out of business does not affect your protection plan.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.