AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw at Circuit City near me had a open box F38310 for $1100 it has no remote or dtv card and no owners manual can you buy remote or dtv card and owners manual from RCA or get the owners manual for the F38310 free online on the Internet. Could you buy the remote at any Radio shack or any store like Radio Shack and get a card from dtv it dose not have any scratches on the screen it dose have a dent in side is this a good deal since the F38310 discontinued need answer quick thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wait!!!!!! You should check the odometer on the TV before buying. YOu can even use this to knock down the price depending on hours used. To access the odometer, press menu, info, and volume + simultaneously. This will give you the service menu where you can find the odometer. If you sign up with D* they will send you a free access overnight. As for the remote, its just a RCA universal, you can get them to throw it in on the deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You said it had a "dent" in the side? Did you plug it up and see if it even works? Could have been hit by a lift or worse, fallen off the shelf.

I would make sure you get the warranty and check it out completely before buying

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just tried Menu, Info, and Vol+ on my open box from GG. I tried holding them for five seconds, etc., but couldn't get anything other than regular menu. Ideas? Thanx,

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
10,810 hours? I believe that accounts for every single hour since 2/04/02. Either that set has been on 24/7, or you have not found the in-use counter (if there is one?!?).

mark

·
Registered
22,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jwheeler
No in use, only plugged in.
That is CORRECT, oh wise one! (Ed McMahon impersonation :) )

That's power to the set hours, not actual 'viewing' hours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got one of these and am having trouble hooking it up to my HTPC. I have an AIW 9700Pro and am trying to attacht it via the component connections. When I start up my computer the startup info and the Windows XP logo are displayed perfectly. However, when I get to the Password entry screen, the image cannot be viewed. I tried to make adjustments with Powerstrip with no success. Any suggestions?

Also, how did you guys figure out the access key to the service screen? and is there info available to perform the servicing (ie. test patterns, etc.)?

·
Registered
22,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SWS
Also, how did you guys figure out the access key to the service screen? and is there info available to perform the servicing (ie. test patterns, etc.)?
Perform some searches using "F38310" and/or "service menu". You should get plenty of info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.