AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Sony KV-34HS420 from Amazon Marketplace for xxx a few weeks ago (note: that deal is no longer available). When I ordered the TV, it was also available at Circuit City for xxxx. Today it is available for just under the xxxx. I just got a call from the people who are going to deliver the TV - it’s Circuit City! Does anyone know how that works?

We’re talking a 33% discount. Is the profit margin that large at CC? I was always under the impression that the margin for home electronics was pretty small (less than 10%)

Edited. Welcome to the forum but please read the rules. No posting of pricing other then MSRP.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Gross margin is hardly ever the same for all products a seller offers. A retailer may have a tight day-to-day margin on some products, those with high volume, lots of competition, lots of inventory turns, little customer hand holding, etc. That margin may not be enough to cover fixed costs rent, etc., much less make a profit. So, they have to try to make up the lost ground on other products. And they will do it on whatever they think will bear it. If, as apparently you did, you pay attention, you may be able to save considerable money when the retailer temporarily drops to price to drum up business or closes out older models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.