AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just at circuit city in Pearlridge yesterday and asked about stock on 5040 and the guy did a pull "RPL" and found:

5040 $299 1

4504 $399 21

4508 $599 1

I asked about discounting last years model for me to something less

than this years model and they said "can't do it". I pointed out that

they will never move last years model which is priced higher than this

years model. Their replay was: "Its a corporate decision to price

them how they do". Guess the corp people at CC know

nothing about Replay's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought a 5040 last week from Circuit City. Right next to it on the shelf was an open box 4504 for $249 (with no rebate because there was no box). I asked the sales guy if there was any way they would discount the 4504 a little more, at least to make it worth it to buy it over the 5040 for the same price, and he told me they were already selling it for below cost... I know there's some people here who like the 4504 better than the 5040 but I really can't see the average buyer paying the same exact price (well, $249.99 after rebate vs. $249 with no rebate) for the older model.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
last week i was at CC and asked them if they had any more 4504's in stock...the salesman checked...said no...asked him if they wanted to sell the demo at a reduced price...he said he couldn't sell the demo but he'd give me $50 off a 5040...also had a 10% coupon so i was out the door at $225 (plus i'll still get the $50 rebate)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Plus CC has a form that they will fill out and sign saying that it didn't have a box and you should get the rebate anyway. They've done it for me in the past and it always worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.