AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a new thread on this because I tired of wading through the other three- If there is a better forum to move this to, please do.

I went to my local CC yesterday, and as usuall they were clueless-

Does anyone have a local CC that has the WinXP Demo disk with The Hire trailers on them? I'd love (as I'm sure others would too) to get a copy of this.

Or even better, if someone from MS is reading this, maybe they could give us an easier way of finding this, or getting a copy directly from Microsoft?

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
You can get The Hire BMW short films off of the Standing in the Shadows of Motown DVD.

Remember, no solicting for files on the forum please!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have that- but they're not in HD like they are on XP demo disk.

I'm not "soliciting for files"- I'd like someone to ship me a copy, and I'd reimburse them for the shipping and effort.

Anyways- this is strictly promo material which MS is giving away for free- so I'm not quite sure whether or not there would be any restrictions as pertaining to distribution.

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
The DVD is given to retailers/OEMs to be handed out in tandem with computer related purchases. It is not meant to be a promotional disk for Windows Media or the content itself. The DVD was produced/distributed at significant cost to us but we shoulder that in order to create a better business opportunity for our retail/OEM partners.

CC is supposed to be following the above rule rather than just handing them out btw.

Having said all of this, I don't see any problem with people sending you a DVD after they receive it through above means. I know you did not ask for this but for clarity, I will state that redisting of the files themselves is not the right thing to do (or we would have done so ourselves). Much thanks to the moderator for diligence in this area :).

Amir

Microsoft

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.