AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What needs to be on the same circuit when the dedicated theater room is being wired?

Should anything be isolated by itself?

Should any certain things be separate?

LED soffit lights and the intricacies of their setup is disheartening. 12 volt dimmable driver, power adapters, RGB wifi hubs, etc.

I'd love some insight on this too.  Maybe start another thread for this...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nothing NEEDS to be on the same circuit but I'm sure you want to keep as few circuts as possible for cost reasons. Just do 20 amp for all except maybe the lighing unless you feel you need more.

I'm by no means an expert but if I was doing a dedicated theater I would do the following. My room included a full bar so that added many more circuits.

All lights on one circuit including any light tray outlet for rope lighting

One circuit for normal room outlets (I would put my subs on this circuit since there really shouldnt be anything else you need to plug in to these)

Once circuit for powered recliners (optional if you are not doing powered recliners)

One or two circuits for the equipment closet.

Powerbridge from AV Rack to Projector location (or a dedicated circuit to the projector or on the same circuit as the AV Rack)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.