AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Red Rings sticky isn't necessarily viewed regularly by those who have had issues in the past, I figured I'd get more help by creating this thread (and maybe help others as well).

Here's the story: My brother had a launch unit which died about a year or so ago, and the one he received back from Microsoft red-ringed last night. When he logged into the Microsoft site today to check about repair info, it tells him his warranty expired November 2008, which is three years from when he got his first launch 360.

I'm thinking this means no new extended 3 year warranty on returned units, but others have said you do get a new 3 years and some say you get 1 year. It could also be that the website is only referencing his first 360, and not the one he got back a little over a year ago.

Anyone know the exact answer? I guess only those who got their 360 within the first 2 months or so of launch would be having this issue, with the system being out for 3 years this past November.

Thanks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You do not get a new 3 year warranty on a repaired/replaced item. All warranties (an any product) date to the original purchase date.

I believe it's 3 months additional warranty on the refurbished unit they send back to you.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron /forum/post/15509703

Since the Red Rings sticky isn't necessarily viewed regularly by those who have had issues in the past, I figured I'd get more help by creating this thread (and maybe help others as well).

Here's the story: My brother had a launch unit which died about a year or so ago, and the one he received back from Microsoft red-ringed last night. When he logged into the Microsoft site today to check about repair info, it tells him his warranty expired November 2008, which is three years from when he got his first launch 360.

I'm thinking this means no new extended 3 year warranty on returned units, but others have said you do get a new 3 years and some say you get 1 year. It could also be that the website is only referencing his first 360, and not the one he got back a little over a year ago.

Anyone know the exact answer? I guess only those who got their 360 within the first 2 months or so of launch would be having this issue, with the system being out for 3 years this past November.

Thanks.
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...verageFAQ.aspx

·
Registered
25 Posts
They will fix most rrod issues is even outside of warranty. Atleast that is what the gentlemen i spoke with on the phone this morning cause mine died last night also. Give em a call it cant hurt and mine also said out of warranty and i was on my second unit that microsoft replaced cause my launch unit crapped out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts