AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a TV is tested for the number of lines of motion resolution, is that just in regards to deinterlacing i->p or does this number of lines effect straight progressive signals as well?

I have a Samsung LN52A650 which has an XBox360 connected via PC input @ 1080p. I notice when playing some fighting games, for example Street Fighter IV, when walking forward, the fighters can be slightly blurred... they don't look nearly as sharp doing the same movements as playing on a friend's quite older DLP TV...

Is this because of the motion resolution of the LCD?

If so, would changing my gaming TV to a Plasma TV help this with one of the newer ones?

I'm a bit scared to go Plasma, though, because of fear of damaging my TV and the fact that I like to be able to watch whatever I like without damaging the TV or even thinking about that stuff. Not to mention, I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV in which I sometimes use it as a desktop and so on too...

After breaking in a Plasma, would I have to worry about these things? I don't know, I'm just a bit envious of the sharper movement on my friend's TV... haha... I could just ignore it... but I love fluid motion. =P

Turning on AMP on the LCD might help a bit, but I've connected the 360, like I said, through PC input, so as to reduce input lag. Also, the PC input does not allow AMP anyway, so ... yeah!!!

Well, any input on the matter would be appreciated.

If you've got recommendations for a TV, any technology, that can display an HD signal, have sharp fluid motion, with little to no input lag, please share em!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 /forum/post/16961104

When a TV is tested for the number of lines of motion resolution, is that just in regards to deinterlacing i->p or does this number of lines effect straight progressive signals as well?

I have a Samsung LN52A650 which has an XBox360 connected via PC input @ 1080p. I notice when playing some fighting games, for example Street Fighter IV, when walking forward, the fighters can be slightly blurred... they don't look nearly as sharp doing the same movements as playing on a friend's quite older DLP TV...

Is this because of the motion resolution of the LCD?

If so, would changing my gaming TV to a Plasma TV help this with one of the newer ones?

I'm a bit scared to go Plasma, though, because of fear of damaging my TV and the fact that I like to be able to watch whatever I like without damaging the TV or even thinking about that stuff. Not to mention, I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV in which I sometimes use it as a desktop and so on too...

After breaking in a Plasma, would I have to worry about these things? I don't know, I'm just a bit envious of the sharper movement on my friend's TV... haha... I could just ignore it... but I love fluid motion. =P

Turning on AMP on the LCD might help a bit, but I've connected the 360, like I said, through PC input, so as to reduce input lag. Also, the PC input does not allow AMP anyway, so ... yeah!!!

Well, any input on the matter would be appreciated.

If you've got recommendations for a TV, any technology, that can display an HD signal, have sharp fluid motion, with little to no input lag, please share em!!

No, contrary to what you will hear from the same tired people you would not have to worry about these issues after breaking in a plasma.

I didn't worry about them on my 5010 from day one, I didn't do anything special for break in. When I game I use the game setting and make sure the pixel orbiter set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts