AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Clark Synthesis Silver transducer and am wondering how I should go about powering it. I have a spare channel available on my Rotel RNB-1075 that I believe rates at 200 watts rms at 4 ohms. If I were to split the sub signal from the receiver and send it to the Rotel amp with a 50hz FMOD would that work out well? If not that would a Dayton plate amp be my best option? Thank you in advance for the help.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I recently purchased a Clark Synthesis Silver transducer and am wondering how I should go about powering it. I have a spare channel available on my Rotel RNB-1075 that I believe rates at 200 watts rms at 4 ohms. If I were to split the sub signal from the receiver and send it to the Rotel amp with a 50hz FMOD would that work out well? If not that would a Dayton plate amp be my best option? Thank you in advance for the help.

As far as power goes, the Rotel would be OK if you don't usually crank your system.

• Power handling: 100 watts RMS/350 watts max

However, to get transducers dialed in properly, you usually need a DSP. Either built into the amp, or an external like a MiniDSP. This will let you apply high and low pass crossovers and set a limiter to protect the Clark. It is MUCH easier to make transducers blend if you have full control over them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as power goes, the Rotel would be OK if you don't usually crank your system.

• Power handling: 100 watts RMS/350 watts max

However, to get transducers dialed in properly, you usually need a DSP. Either built into the amp, or an external like a MiniDSP. This will let you apply high and low pass crossovers and set a limiter to protect the Clark. It is MUCH easier to make transducers blend if you have full control over them.
I'm a novice when it comes to the MiniDSP units. I had planned on using one on my xxx15 build when I finish it. Do they make a MiniDSP model that could send one signal to the clark and a different signal to the xxx?

·
Registered
180 Posts

the easiest route is using dayton plate amp. It also has crossover setting so you can dialed to match your sub

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I'm a novice when it comes to the MiniDSP units. I had planned on using one on my xxx15 build when I finish it. Do they make a MiniDSP model that could send one signal to the clark and a different signal to the xxx?

They seem daunting at first, but there is some very helpful info about them here on the forum and some step by step tutorials. Yes, you can get different plugins for the 2x4 model that let you choose if you want the outputs to all receive the same signal or different. They really are very useful and give you lots of flexibility. Then you can set up completely different signals for your sub/s and transducer.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
An I Nuke 1000 or 3000 DSP will do the job. The DSP is very easy to set. Not much more than a Mini DSSP and separate amp. I tried two different Dayton amps with my transducers. They would heat up in a movies and go into protection mode. They always came back on. I changed to the I Nuke and have been problems free!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An I Nuke 1000 or 3000 DSP will do the job. The DSP is very easy to set. Not much more than a Mini DSSP and separate amp. I tried two different Dayton amps with my transducers. They would heat up in a movies and go into protection mode. They always came back on. I changed to the I Nuke and have been problems free!
Isn't that way too much power for 1 transducer? What would I need to do to make that work?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I did not pay close enough attention that you only had one transducer. An I Nuke would be good to have in case the transducer get's good to you, lol. I am running 8 Aura Pro shakers in the HT. I like the feel!

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
I have been using crown xls amps with built in high pass filter and attenuators for doing bass shakers. It basically has everything except a 12v trigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am running 8 Aura Pro shakers in the HT. I like the feel!
Derrick, quick question for you. You mentioned the iNuke DSP earlier in the thread then later mention you are running 8 Aura Pro's in your HT. Are you by chance running them all from an iNuke 1000 DSP?

I'm looking to put 8 Aura Pro's in my HT soon and, after doing some math on the iNuke, it seems it should be able to run all 8 with good power connecting them 4 per channel in a mixed serial/parallel configuration.

I'm curious to know if you, or another reader can confirm.

Thanks,
- Joe

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I started with an I Nuke 1000 DSP amp and something may have been wrong with it because it kept going into protection. I had Parts Express replace it with an I Nuke 3000 DSP. I got the stronger amp since I thought the number of subs may increase in my system. I like my shakers and think they compliment the eight 18 in. subwoofer drivers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I started with an I Nuke 1000 DSP amp and something may have been wrong with it because it kept going into protection. I had Parts Express replace it with an I Nuke 3000 DSP. I got the stronger amp since I thought the number of subs may increase in my system. I like my shakers and think they compliment the eight 18 in. subwoofer drivers.
Derrick, thanks for the reply. I think I will spend the little bit extra and get the 3000 for the extra headroom of the amp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.