AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I built a new system with the specs in the thread title. I've had a lot of experience with ATI/Nvidia solutions and all the levels issues they present over various ports.

Anyhow runnng hdmi to my panasonic plasma blacks are crushed big time. assume the hdmi port on the gigabyte MB is outputting 0-255. The only way to "fix" thi is to raise brightness to 16 in the intel graphics control panel.

Everything I read states that H55 should not exhibit this behavior. Any advice? I am running the latest drivers (dated december 09) off of intel's site.

Also this may help....in the intel graphics control panel...where it says settings for TV's and Monitors it says that the settings are unavailable or something along those lines. Everything else in the intel control panel appears to work fine.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dbone sorry.

The entire os is crushed...7mc...tmt3, desktop, etc.

howevery I dug around more on Intel site and there were newer drivers. It appears to have fixed my issue, I'll run some calibration clips later to confirm.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups /forum/post/18174596

dbone sorry.

The entire os is crushed...7mc...tmt3, desktop, etc.

howevery I dug around more on Intel site and there were newer drivers. It appears to have fixed my issue, I'll run some calibration clips later to confirm.

Gotcha. I have been reading on the core i3/i5/i7 and others have issues with the colors/calibration as well. I have the core i5, just waiting for the mini-itx mobo so I can build (hopefully in the next few weeks)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what video calibration software/discs do you guys use? I'm still using an older THX Audio/Video DVD disc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts