AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to see the remake of this film as I have always loved the original. I saw an article on the Australian version of Empire magazine im hoping they do a good job on this remake.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Sheesh! Does there really need to be a remake of this film so soon? The whole novelty of this film in particular was that it was Ray Harryhausen's last movie, the last one to use his classic "stop-motion" animaton.

So is all the fx in this movie going to be CG? I bet it will. This movie will be total Hollywood crap (not that the first one was any great shakes, but at least it had Harryhausen going for it).

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/16951096

Sheesh! Does there really need to be a remake of this film so soon? The whole novelty of this film in particular was that it was Ray Harryhausen's last movie, the last one to use his classic "stop-motion" animaton.

So is all the fx in this movie going to be CG? I bet it will. This movie will be total Hollywood crap.

I guess so. Im still interested to see how it will turn out.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/16951096

Jason and the Argonauts, right? So I have to ask also; why another??

·
Registered
19,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/16951273

Ray Harryhausen did that one too (Argonauts was a classic), but Clash of the Titans was a totally different film he did in '81 (and his last one). He also did all the Sinbad films, which I really love.

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/16951273

you don't have to watch it, i think its great there doing a remake.I hope its just as good as the first.

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16951565

you don't have to watch it, i think its great there doing a remake.I hope its just as good as the first.

+1

I am all up for them attempting a remake of this since it could be great to some degree......you never know until you try. Sounds good to me

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/16952229

If they replicate the stop-motion animation scenes with CGI, there's absolutely no way it could be.

I guess I will just have to wait and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Some great cast members in that original, like Lord Laurence Olivier, Dame Maggie Smith, and Ursula Andress.

But the highlight for that film for me, when I saw it as a kid, was Judi Bowker's emergence from that bathing pool. Merciful Zeus!

The Harryhausen effects were charming. It's too bad current young audiences would likely reject that style.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16951565

In spite of most films these days being remakes, I didn't say I wouldn't watch it.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/16951724

+1

I am all up for them attempting a remake of this since it could be great to some degree......you never know until you try. Sounds good to me

+2. Same thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Reviews of the screenplay are positive. Cast is good. It does appear they are moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/16957910

Reviews of the screenplay are positive. Cast is good. It does appear they are moving in the right direction.

Well, that's good to hear. There's always hope.

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi /forum/post/16956534

The question is will it have a golden mechanical owl named Bubo?

I hope so but I got a feeling they might end up using CGI for the Owl. I guess we would just have to see.

·
Registered
28,652 Posts
The only worthwhile thing about the original was Harryhausen's stop-motion work. However, the movie has a great concept that's ripe for remaking, regardless of whether the new VFX will be all digital or not.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.