AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regardlees price, do you think that the Classe CAV-180 is too much for KEF home THX speakers (TDM 23C-23F & 34DS Dipoles), I have installed in my dedicated room? Or maybe the Bryston 9B SST THX is a more logical solution? I also have in mind the Primare 30.5 . I know that the Primare is at another category regarding price and quality. Regardless price which is the more suitable power amplifier ? Note that the dedicated room is soundproofed and the whole construction is like "box-in a box".

· Registered
753 Posts
Tasos The Classe 180 is a great amp and you will love it.If you can go for it it should be a good pike for the kef and is a better sounding amp I think than the Bryston.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Johnbr,

Don't forget that here in Greece the prices are far away from yours. The Bryston 98SST THX catalog price is 6600€!! What about the Primare 30.5? Have you heard anything about this amplifier? I heard that is a reliable construction, very good quality with independent power supplies for each channel etc. I think that in range of 3000€ has a very good value for money. As concerns Classe CAV-180 I have the chance to buy it from a store which has been used as a demo, at the price of 4000€.

· Registered
602 Posts
Tasos,

I would jump on the Classe. I have this amp in my system and I recommend it highly. I don’t think you will find anything that sounds as good as the Classe without spending much more money.

Earl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.