1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.homeentertainmentonline.com/node/22165

Classé SSP-800 and CT-SSP Are Now 3D-Ready with HDMI 1.4

November 30, 2010By Mark Elson - Senior Editor

Classé Audio recently unveiled new HDMI 1.4 video capabilities in its updated SSP-800 and CT-SSP Surround Sound Processors. They are now available with the new video board. The new board has five full-featured HDMI 1.4 inputs and two outputs, which support all standard 3D i video resolutions and formats plus HEC (HDMI Ethernet Channel) and ARC (Audio Return Channel). "The SSP-800 and its rack-advantaged twin, the CT-SSP, are the most successful products in Classé history," said Dave Nauber, Executive VP, Brand Development. "They have the right technology, performance and price. Adding new HDMI 1.4 capabilities will ensure they remain the processors that everyone wants to own."

According to Classé, the original video board was designed in such a way that it could be easily replaced, making upgrades to existing units both possible and straightforward. The new video board fits in the original rear panel space. It adds a fifth HDMI input by eliminating two S-Video inputs, deemed no longer necessary. Upgrade kits sell for $1,500 and are available through authorized Classé dealers. MSRP for SSP-800 and CT-SSP is $9,500 each.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky /forum/post/19575338

http://www.homeentertainmentonline.com/node/22165

Classé SSP-800 and CT-SSP Are Now 3D-Ready with HDMI 1.4

November 30, 2010By Mark Elson - Senior Editor

Classé Audio recently unveiled new HDMI 1.4 video capabilities in its updated SSP-800 and CT-SSP Surround Sound Processors. They are now available with the new video board. The new board has five full-featured HDMI 1.4 inputs and two outputs, which support all standard 3D i video resolutions and formats plus HEC (HDMI Ethernet Channel) and ARC (Audio Return Channel). "The SSP-800 and its rack-advantaged twin, the CT-SSP, are the most successful products in Classé history," said Dave Nauber, Executive VP, Brand Development. "They have the right technology, performance and price. Adding new HDMI 1.4 capabilities will ensure they remain the processors that everyone wants to own."

According to Classé, the original video board was designed in such a way that it could be easily replaced, making upgrades to existing units both possible and straightforward. The new video board fits in the original rear panel space. It adds a fifth HDMI input by eliminating two S-Video inputs, deemed no longer necessary. Upgrade kits sell for $1,500 and are available through authorized Classé dealers. MSRP for SSP-800 and CT-SSP is $9,500 each.

The thought of all these guys that started life as audiophiles 20-30 years ago playing Beethoven records gradually evolving into 3D animated movie watchers just to be able to take advantage of the latest developments in electronics is kind of hilarious .......

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
I have my 1.4 upgrade board on order for a while now. I love my CT-SSP.

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/19578888

and regards to your wife (the perfect home cinema aficionado wife).
[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Indeed she is.. I am blessed. [IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles /forum/post/19578917

I second that, hello to the wife that is

Will do Mike. She's looking forward to meeting the gang on the next Cedia trip again. As I am...

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr /forum/post/19575940

The thought of all these guys that started life as audiophiles 20-30 years ago playing Beethoven records gradually evolving into 3D animated movie watchers just to be able to take advantage of the latest developments in electronics is kind of hilarious .......

Yea good point. It would have better to have stick to their guns and gone out of business rather than evolve with the times.

Ken

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 /forum/post/19581036

Yea good point. It would have better to have stick to their guns and gone out of business rather than evolve with the times.

Ken

My thought exactly. Beethoven went out of business 170 years ago anyway. Welcome to the future and sign me up for a pair of glasses!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.