Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was just wondering what do you guys think out classe preamps. I decided on my system exctept for the preamp. I am getting a 7.1 set up. studio 40 all the way around, with studio-cc and servo-15. with a pva 7. I am deciding on classe, Anthem, or Rotel. I want to pay once and only once. I listened to Anthem and Classe and liked both. The dealer did not have a Rotel to demo but its on my list. So what do you guys think is the best option? Upgrade ability is the main facot i am looking at. For sound I liked them all music and movies. Any other suggestions? I only want to pay up to the anthem which is 4700 Canadian.

Thanks GOLDEN-EAGLE

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Did you listen to the Active 40's ? I think that would be the easiest way to do 7 channels. I have a 6 channel Classe amp, but I went with the Sunfire Theater Grand III for my processor. I'm happy with it - it was the lowest price processor that had all the features I wanted. Classe's support is good.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I heard that Classe went out of business. If they did then I don't think you'd be getting much support or upgrades from them.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DanielSmi
I heard that Classe went out of business. If they did then I don't think you'd be getting much support or upgrades from them.

Daniel Smith
And where did you here this? Classe just release a new suite of products a few weeks ago including HT processors as well as a new Omega preamp.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I read a post prolly 6 mos ago about somebody who bought an amp and wasn't going to receive it because the president of Classe had died and his widow didn't want to carry on the company. Maybe it was a lie or maybe it was a different company. I dunno. Sorry for any confusion.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
=

Classe is very much alive. In fact, a few months ago the sales/marketing manager of Madrigal left to join Classe.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well they were both high end and began with a "C", it all the same to me.;D

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Quote:

Daniel Smith

That may be. But I don't think the people at Classe would share the same glib shrug off when you post an ugly rumor starter like that.

Fortunately there are other people who took the time to check and then report, hopefully undoing the potential damage of your rogue posting.

Business is tough enough; think before you post something like that.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The Classe plant isn't too far from where I live. The parking lot looks nice and full and has looked that way for years.....Alive and Kicking!!!!

BTW... I don't own any of their products but what from what I have read they are excellent.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Quote:

Daniel Smith
While we are at it, why don't we throw in Cary, Conrad Johnson, Cabasse, and Chord...

I echo Buzz's comment, be a little more careful before posting something like this.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I did think before I posted but I was wrong I had no reason to doubt myself, there's was no doubt in my mind, I didn't think it was Cinepro I thought it was Classe. It wasn't until someone else mentioned that it was CinePro that I remembered and acknowledged my mistake. Now if my comment scares everybody and Classe does go out of business don't blame me. J/K :D

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You ought to consider the new Fosgate FAP T-1. I have been trying to demo it vs the the Anthem with no success. My Anthem dealers owner wouldn't let the salesman remove the AVM20 from his lobby setup and move it into one of the HT rooms for a proper demo and there are currently NO Fosgate dealers in the entire N California region yet. Fosgate seems to be starting from scratch complete with brand new reps.

Calling Jason at AVS made it a no brainer for me. His prices are so good that I took a chance on the Fosgate knowing that I could always sell it and buy something else without major pain if I later hear something else I stongly prefer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.