AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a single classroom with an Epson PowerLite 400W. It's for a small school on a small budget. There are no HDMI inputs, only two VGA ports which can also accept component video. I'm thinking the sources will be a DVD player, a VCR (maybe a combo player?), and a laptop.

I also plan to to incorporate a low end 5.1 receiver, both for the audio and possibly as an A/V switcher. But then I can't think of any receiver that accepts VGA (like from the laptop) and upconvert(?) to component, nor even upconverts composite or Svideo from a VCR to component. Should I just plan to run separate cables from each source up to the pj? Should I ask this in the receivers forum?

Are there any other considerations I should be addressing? While I was able to setup a home theater pj with HDMI, this is a new situation for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strange hahaha. I'm having some what of the same troubles. Setting up a classroom projector. Still trying to figure out which one to use. Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Just run separate cables to the PJ. Keep the receiver out of the solution that way if the receiver has a problem you will still get your image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts