AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received and installed my new home theater sign, and I can't remember the last time I was this pleased with an online purchase! I felt compelled to share this jewel with fellow forum members.

The sign is customized, 8"h×28"w, fluorescent back-lit, and gorgeous! They run $179 (for the medium size like mine) from Hollywood Marquees. The price includes shipping, and multiple mock-ups e-mailed to you until you settle on a design you like. I worked on my design with Aimee, who was very patient as I added equipment logos and requested exact spacing of text and graphics in certain areas. I'm sure if you contact her at [email protected] , she can direct you to her current URL to look at the various styles.

·
Premium Member
26,568 Posts
Their products have come up several times in threads over the last couple of years. They do make nice products.

They had contacted me about 18 months ago to beta test/give feedback on creating a Marquee with the addition for movie mylar inserts. We exchanged several emails...then they must have dropped the idea...since I stopped getting responses to my emails.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah...where the heck are the photos?

·
Premium Member
26,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Commodore /forum/post/0

Hi I tried to search for 'Hollywood Marquees' as a seller, and could not find anyone by that name.

Could you post a link to something they are selling on ebay please?

Thanks

Brett

Did you try?

www.hollywoodmarquees.com

This is their storefront. They sell the samethings on ebay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Although my sign is not pictured, those are some other styles from the same company shown above.

Stay tuned... my photos of Pirate's Loft Theater, including its sign, are coming soon.

The cost of this sign was less than ½% of the theater cost. I couldn't beat that even with a decent home-made sign.

As I said, contact [email protected] for her current URL.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/0

Craig, I hope you share some pics when your done....

Yes, I will.

It probably won't compare to what they do at Hollywood Marquees, but it will be something I can say I did my self. In fact, at one time, I thought I might incorporate one of the HW Marquee signs into my marquee to utilize the back-lighting and changeable lettering.

Perhaps I still will.

As far as my home made marquee goes, I had planed on using a certain kind of changeable lettering for my marquee, but have been unable to find what I want in a two or at most three inch size.
Of all things, I thought finding lettering would be one of the easiest. But in fact this quest for the ultimate letter has turned into quite the crusade.

Once I get the lettering issue resolved, I think I could wrap this up rather quickly.

Craig

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fantastic. Congratulations and enjoy!

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman210 /forum/post/0

Slideshow of the whole project is complete. Please visit http://picasaweb.google.com/dycfii

Thanks airman. Very nice theater!!! Well done. I need to ask where you got the large popcorn sign? And what is it made of?

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my sign for my HT from Aimee at Hollywood Marquees and they did an excellent job I was very pleased with the purchase and quality. My wife and friends thought it put a very professional touch to the entrance area. I would highly recommend this company to anybody.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.