AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Clay Madison theater seating?

http://www.claymadison.com/

I can't seem to find any reviews online. Their FB page mentions being around since 2009. They seem to be priced aggressively but without any reviews I'm leery.

Thanks in advance!
Shane

·
Registered
542 Posts
Never heard of them, don't really see the prices as being aggressive. I'm leery of places that the only contact is via internet note. They don't list any retailers, phone numbers, etc. If they have been in business since 2009, they have not learned the lesson of how to appeal to customers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hans - do you think they are holding up okay? How long have you had them? How was the shipping/delivery experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hans - do you think they are holding up okay? How long have you had them? How was the shipping/delivery experience?

Thanks!
They are very well built. My post said steel frame I meant metal base/frame not wood. Had them close to 6 months. They are very comfortable, look very nice and feels like a first class airplane seat when fully reclined. The reclining mechanism is a pull design by to the side of the seat cushion with a handle that rests just below the seat cushion and side wall. The chairs have console storage for remotes under the armrest on each chair including the center armrest which is nice. Shipping was fast they came out of Chicago, very well packaged no damage at all in shipping. They are wide seats which is what I wanted. I could have fit 3 seats but decided to go with only two for a more spacious feel. I have the legacy collection seats in black. They have some chairs with the LED lights on the front of the base of some of their models with lighted cup holders. I just have the basic chair with no electronics. Here is a link to the chairs that I have. http://www.claymadison.com/#!legacy/c252n

The chairs are well built, reliable and hold their form in the cushions. They are bonded leather. The reclining mechanism is from high quality parts that feels as if it will outlast the bonded leather which says a lot about the mechanical parts.
They were shipped via RoadRunner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts