Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I cleaned the the fugus out of 2 07MS tubes (B & G) this weekend using CLR and it worked great, thanks for the easy suggestion. I definitely did not want to remove the glass like I had read in the past.

Question though, what's the best way to dry them out afterwards. Let them sit and air dry? or maybe a little alcohol (Windex?) inside to speed the process?

Now I have to get a little glycol to top them off.

Also the 07MS tubes are from a Govt. Data 701 and have a sticker on them stating "High Focus". They are from 2 separate PJs and are near mint. Are these special in any way?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Vibe,

Did you check on BoyzToyz?

I have a 1031Q sitting around with fungus on the Blue and according to Curt may need a power board. Have you cleaned fungus off before or did you just go for it?

Phil

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read up on how to do it here, then I did it. It is pretty simple using CLR to clean it up. Afterwards there is moisture in the tube that is not drying up very quickly (small holes ya know). I was just wondering what others have done to dry it quicker prior to replacing the glycol. I thought maybe a rinse with something like Windex that dries very quickly (and streak free!!!) would be the next step. I really don't want to just do it without some knowledgeable folks go ahead. These are not tubes that I want to damage in any way or experiment with, they are like new.

They are also "High Focus" tubes (or so it says on the sticker). Doeas that mean anything special or do all 07MS's say they are "High Focus".

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so I just placed the tubes in front of the fan last night and the forced air movement dried them up quickly. Duh, kind of a no brainer (mods, please remove this thread so I don't look so stupid). The process was a success and tubes will be reinstalled this weekend.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
It's MORE IMPORTANT to make sure that the CLR is rinsed out well, so it should be filled with clean water a few times and then flushed out with compressed air. After you use the compressed aired to blowout all the water you can, let it sit overnight. It's ok if some droplets remain, it won't contaminate the NEW FRESH GLYCOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.