Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to clean my davis S8 projector from dust. A long time ago there was a very detailed description about this here in the forum. I tried the "search function" but I got no good result. In fact I got only results from 2001, bit this was in 2000.

The thread I means was detailed in the sense that it was like a manual (do this first, the this...). It described the locations were the dust can be.

Has someone the direct link to a good thread or description how to clean the Davis DL S8 or similar (450, C1 ...)?

Please post it. Thanks in advance.

If you don't know a link but know how to do the cleaning it would be great if you can post a description.

~~~~~

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

please give me a hint. The article is about the EVC adapter but I found nothing about cleaning - or did I miss it?

Thanks in advance

Frank

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's weird the topic of the thread I'm seeing is:

No More Blotches on my Davis DL450

Here's what CLopez says in this thread

Two weeks ago I bought two cans of DUST-OFF manufactured by FALCON. I had removed about 75 percent of the blocthes but was hesitant to share this until I was more sure what caused the other blotches ( and also if I had voided my warranty on the projector.) After having opened my projector at least two dozen times over the past month, I had narrowed it down to two most common places in the projector for the dust buildup.

After the light passes through the "light channel" and bounces of the DMD it is reflected onto a flat mirror in the lens assembly. The light then is reflected onto a convex (or is it concave) lens.

The flat mirrior and the curved lens are the two parts that needed to be cleaned. I had to bend the hose fron the can to reach the full area of the flat mirror.

Then if you are facing the projector from front there are two small opening to reach the curved mirror.

Please do not tilt the can or turn it upside down, the compressed air will come out as a liquid spray.

There are no more blotches any where, not one, nada, none, zip.

I am very excited!!!!

Now I still have a faint purple spot to eliminate from one of my earlier cleanings using a cotton swab.

Hope this helps guys..

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Tim,

now I see it.

I don't know what happend, but I saw an very old article about the EVC adapter. Perhaps I did something wrong http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

But your link is very useful. Thanks again.

Frank

·
Registered
410 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.