AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...i'm trying to use the method posted to rid my projector of the jitter by trying to removing the boards cleaning them with dust off air spray and reattaching them, do i have to remove the crt tubes to get access to the boards. also, i finally got my projector to focus and now the screen displays a little quick black flash every 30 sec, how do i fix this, is my tube dying? thanks

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Typically what needs cleaning is all the boards in the back and then on the convergence board all the chips need reseating. No, you don't need to pull the tubes but you should bleed the tubes if they have no air bubble but that is totally unrelated to your trouble.

If all three tubes are going black maybe HV is cutting out. Does it do it just on help screen with no input or what? Just one tube cutting out would be another story.

What model? I have a few ecp's in the garage and more parts than I need if you need something.

The picture will jump vertically with no source connected. Connect a source and see if it does it when it has something to sync to if you aren't already.

Troy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.