Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been upgrading my video cabling, component and RGB-Sync, to

Wireworld Gold Starlight III+. Nice stuff!!!

I was on Wed. taking some ProGold and cleaning the RGB V/H Sync connections and cables at the Dwin CRT projector. And my friend Gerry Behm came by and we got the Sat C kit working for DirecTV so that I could get Showtime HD on DirecTV - we had problems, finally finding that it was a defective Multiswitch, and upon replacing it everything was fine.

Friday nite, watching some tv shows including HD for Stargate SG1 and Jeremiah, darn, my picture seemed soft with loss of detail and black level.

Local OTA digital stations seemed a bit soft and less black level, but not as noticeable as with the HD stuff. DARN!!! Had the silver video cabling burned-in and screwed stuff up??????

I re- ProGolded connections and prayed. No change. Then I took out my RadioSchack.com anti-static CRT lens cleaner - and - WOW! Picture back exactly like it should be.

Apparently, even spraying ProGold anywhere near the CRT projector, but away from the lens, must have allowed a thin coat or spray of the ProGold onto the lens, even though it was undetectable visibly. And it shows the importance of keeping your CRT lens clean and dust free!!!

I am a happy camper again!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Is there a coating on your CRT lens like on the lens of a pair of binoculars?If so, I sure hope the ProGold wasn't on long enough to attack it.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOOPS!!! I am just guessing - because I didn't spray ProGold directly onto the Lens, I am just guessing that it may have very tinily slightly got on in the surrounding air. Whatever the case, all looks as good as ever now.

And when I went to clean the lens, there was no visible evidence of any oil or stuff on the lens, the lens looked reasonably clean. But oh what a difference when I took the RadioSchack.com anti-static stuff and cleaned the lens. WOW!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.