AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psb Fanboy /forum/post/0

Hi My father in law help mount my t.v and got figure prints on it. I tried to use a eye glasses cleaner. Now I have streeks. Any suggestion?

thanks

Yes....1st buy a microfiber towel & go to CVS & score distilled water. That's the best for the screen, trust me.

Alex

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by idf_reuben /forum/post/0

Well I clean my Dell LCD and any other LCD of mine with 50%water and 50%rubbing alcohol. Try cleaning a small spot first, it should work though

rubbing alcohol i'm pretty sure will eat through the anti reflective coating of the display...

·
Registered
581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/0

rubbing alcohol i'm pretty sure will eat through the anti reflective coating of the display...

incorrect. a simple solution of over the counter isopropyl mixed with equal part clean water is one of the best LCD cleaning solutions you can use.

what you don't want to use it windex and glass cleaner with ammonia.

also you'll want to use a microfiber cloth, usually ones made for cleaning eye glasses.

·
Registered
735 Posts
alucard_x is correct. First, there is no AR coating on the LCD. It is a 30% non-glare linear polarizer. Do not use any solvents (petroleum distillates) as it will "melt" the film (PET- polyethyletriacetate). Water can stain the polarizer if allowed to dry. Use the 50/50 water, IPA. The important thing is to use a soft microfiber cloth, don't allow the drops to dry, and DO NOT RUB TOO HARD!!!

DB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.