AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've owned a Samsung LN55C650 for the past month or so, and I would really appreciate some tips from other owners on how to clean its screen. This model has the glossy screen.

Right now I'm using these microfiber cloths and some distilled water.

The problem is where ever I wipe, there is always some greasy-looking smudges visible at a certain angle.

Is anyone able to clean this particular screen, without getting any smudges left over? Could the smudges be due to the cloths?

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm741 /forum/post/19507868

So I've owned a Samsung LN55C650 for the past month or so, and I would really appreciate some tips from other owners on how to clean its screen. This model has the glossy screen.

Right now I'm using these microfiber cloths and some distilled water.

The problem is where ever I wipe, there is always some greasy-looking smudges visible at a certain angle.

Is anyone able to clean this particular screen, without getting any smudges left over? Could the smudges be due to the cloths?

When I was moving the set around after getting it (55C630, which has the same screen), I rubbed an elbow against the screen a couple of times, leaving some skin-oil smudges.

Using the same microfiber cloth, I was finally able to get them off, but you have to be gentle about it. I wouldn't bother with water, but just gently rub the cloth in a clockwise circular motion (which it actually shows on the plastic bag the cloth came in) around the smudge spots. You can actually feel resistance on the spots if you're rubbing gently enough, but yeah, they'll rub off....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts