AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Yep just the way it is most kevin smith films are low budget. I think the this movie was edited while it was being filmed in fact the first scene shot was done and edited within 24 hrs..

I think jay and silent bob strike back was higher budget and would look get on HDDVD. Its on bluray now but I've heard it looks bad..

·
Registered
708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/0

Yep just the way it is most kevin smith films are low budget. I think the this movie was edited while it was being filmed in fact the first scene shot was done and edited within 24 hrs..

I think jay and silent bob strike back was higher budget and would look get on HDDVD. Its on bluray now but I've heard it looks bad..

It was being shot HD and edited in HD4k IIRC he stated.

It's just how it was timed in the "di" that made it look the way it does.

Supposed to convey an impression of the "clerks world" their dreary existence in fast food or something of that nature.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Watched this last night...loved the movie, so funny...

The PQ was great, the sound quality of the TrueHD track was excellent as well (and a nice surprise). I hastily compared a few scenes, Digital Plus versus TrueHD, and the differences were not subtle.

Anywho...a must have HD DVD IMO.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks124 /forum/post/0

Anyone else notice this? I am seeing a lot of it through the film. I dunno if that was the way it was meant to be or what.

A post about "grainy" picture quality.....Is this the blu-ray forum?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yes there is some grain but it's intended.

But I just A/B'd the SD-DVD and the HD-DVD I'll say the colors(what there are) are much better on the HD-DVD

and the imaged is MUCH MUCH sharper on the HD-DVD version.

Considering the style it was shot in the picture detail is far superior in the HD-DVD version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.