AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought Clerks 2 on hd dvd, and I can't get it to work. It loads up to the menu screen, but there is nothing to select and the movie won't play on it's own. I also get nothing when I press Menu or Top Menu. I've never updated my firmware... not sure if that's the problem. I have a Toshiba HD A1... Anyone else having problems?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would try the 2.0 firmware, it seems that some movies require it, maybe this is one of them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Same problem.

I bought and HDA1 on clearance at BB and just tried to put in clerks 2 and I have the same issues.

I also have not touched the firmware

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner /forum/post/0

I have 2.0 and have had problems with at least two of the Weinstein discs. (I have Pulse but haven't tried it yet.)

I have The Matador, Derailed and Scary Movie. I haven't had a single problem, other than it probably takes an extra minute to boot up.

I didn't know some people were still having problems with them after 2.0.

I don't think Clerks 2 is getting here until tomorrow and I'm hesitant to get Pulse because it looks so stupid.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

I have The Matador, Derailed and Scary Movie. I haven't had a single problem, other than it probably takes an extra minute to boot up.

Of those, the only one I own is Scary Movie 4, and it played fine.

Clerks 2 seemed to take a lot longer than normal to start up, but I was milling around my house anyway, so it didn't seem that bad. There were a couple of playback issues once the movie was underway, though. Wolf Creek damn near drove me nuts, requiring a concerted effort to get to play.

One of my hobbies is writing reviews, and that's my excuse for owning a copy of Pulse.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have problems with Clerks 2 on my XBox HDDVD player. It takes longer to load than other titles. When it finally does load, it briefly displays a parental setting message before the menu comes on. If I try to rewind or forward during the film, it freezes up.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson /forum/post/0

I have problems with Clerks 2 on my XBox HDDVD player. It takes longer to load than other titles. When it finally does load, it briefly displays a region code message before the menu comes on. If I try to rewind or forward during the film, it freezes up.

Thanks for the warning, i almost bought it today but picked up poseidon and mummy returns instead

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.