AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to confirm anywhere if Cleveland WEWS passes through DD 5.1. I sent an email to the station, but didn't hear back (I'm not sure if I sent it to the correct address though.) WEWS is the only channel I get that has DD5.1 programming so I have no broadcast channel to compare. Of course if it is on my end I would like to troubleshoot the problem. My DVD does pass it along so I'm assuming that they don't. Does anyone in Cleveland get 5.1 sound from them?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I guess that is a no. Since no one posted that they got 5.1, I'm assuming they don't broadcast it. Maybe I'll try to contact the station again and see if they have any plans for implementing it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I am also curious about this, I have yet to see a 5.1 program on ABC or any of the other channels, besides for HBOHD. I will check this thread, so please post what you find out.

Thanks again,

Fred

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have Directv so I've never had a DD5.1 broadcast, until last night (well sort of.) I picked up the Detroit ABC station and all the sudden it changed to Dolby Digital on my Denon. So I can confirm that our Cleveland ABC doesn't pass through 5.1 Sound. Too bad there was no ABC HD last night to hear it.:(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Maybe you're confused because their logo on bottom right of screen shows "5.1" which is their digital channel designation.

I don't know either way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.